Shared Governance of Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture Activities as Leverage to Protect Marine Resources in the Adriatic Sea
ARGOS sets up a common framework for governance where all Institutions competent for fisheries and aquaculture in the Programme area act as a whole in the management and protection of shared biological resources, under the best scientific guidance.
So the scientific Adriatic Advisory Council (AAC) is established for recommendations that are preparatory to final outputs from the Steering Committee (SC).
Recommendations and final outputs come from results of multidisciplinary activities as:
- Maritime Spatial Planning studies to deepen the overlaps in the use of marine space
- Assessment of interactions between environmental management and social-economic impacts
- Standardization of existing data on Adriatic biological resources
- Running of bio-economic models for stock assessments
- Implementation of pilot actions
- Definition of a cross border network to share project results and define the best practices for training operators towards environmental sustainability and the adoption of responsible practices in fisheries and aquaculture.
Adriatic Advisory Council and Steering Committee activities, as a process for governance, aim at defining common measures for the sustainable management of fisheries and aquaculture activities, in the framework of the protection of the marine Adriatic environment